Butora climbing shoes have been around since 2015 and they have been well received into the gyms and crags. The shoes are high quality and quite affordable. Butora uses its own rubber, the acros are made with their Neo Fuse rubber. Butora is a South Korean company, but you can get the shoes almost anywhere around the world.
What to consider before buying the butora acro climbing shoes
If you have narrow feet: Blue or the pink Acros.
If you have wide feet: Orange or black Acros.
If you don’t know if your feet are narrow or wide? Usually people with higher arches have more narrow feet and people with lower arches have wider feet.
Sizing: when choosing the right size for you, take a half size from your typical street shoe size for bouldering. The Butora Acros should only stretch about one quarter size.
What kind of climber are you? The Butora Acros work great for sport climbers and boulderers. The shoes really shine when climbing steeper routes. They work great on small edges and pocket holds.
The wider versions of the Butora Acros are pretty good on cracks as they can be jammed into quite small fingercracks. They also have a thick and durable rubber that protects the feet and toes nicely. That being said, you might want to consider other shoes if you are climbing really long routes.
Original Butora Acro ( Blue/Narrow and Orange/Wide)
- Neo Fuse rubber: Sticky rubber suitable for bouldering and sport climbing on steeper routes.
- Agressive down turn with ABS-injected mid sole.
- Triple fork velcro closure for quick on and off.
- High tension heel rand for a nice fit and to make sure your feet are secured nicely in the shoes from toes to heels.
- Weight: 1 lb. 1.6 oz. / 550 grams
New Butora Acro Comps (Pink/Narrow And Black/Wide)
What has been changed in the comp versions:
- Softer rubber for sticker feet and for more sensitivity.
- Improved heel cup with 3D-molding.
Butora Acro - Pros and Cons
- Affordable pricing
- Great for edging
- Good for pockets
- Good for cracks
- Sensitive shoe
- Not the most comfortable in a tight size
- The heel cup can be too large for some people
- Not the best breathability
Alternatives for the Butaro Acro climbing shoes
Before committing to the Butora Acros take a look at our review of the best climbing shoes for 2021 article. In the article we recommend these shoes:
- La Sportiva solution comp – for competitions and tough projects
- La Sportiva Katana Lace – the best all-round climbing shoes
- La Sportiva TC Pro – The best trad climbing shoes
- Evolv Phantom – The best shoes for bouldering