The Butora Altura climbing shoes are a great shoe for multi-pitch and trad climbing or if you have any ankle issues. Butora altura will work best when climbing cracks, especially off-widths. The Alturas are a great option for the La Sportiva TC Pros.
The Altura is a unisex climbing shoe and it is available in two different versions:
- Altura Green Wide
- Altura Tiger Lily Regular
What to consider before buying the butora Altura climbing shoes
The type of your feet: The Altura is available for both wider or regular feet shapes. Make sure you have the right type for your feet.
If you have narrow feet: Choose the regular version which is the tiger lily (or red) colored shoe.
If you have wide feet: Go with the green wide shoe.
If you don’t know if your feet are narrow or wide? Usually people with higher arches have more narrow feet and people with lower arches have wider feet.
Sizing: when choosing the right size for you, take a half size from your typical street shoe size for bouldering. Some people do have issues when sizing the Butora Alturas so if you have a chance to try them on at a local shop or climbing gym that might help out. The Butora Altura shoes should only stretch about one quarter size after some use.
What kind of climber are you? The Butora Alturas work great for trad climbers looking for a new option for the TC Pro climbing shoe.
- Mid-height ankle protection
- Padding for toes and ankle
- Organic Hemp lining
- Weight: 1,63 lb/ 740 grams
- Materials: German hydrovelour split leather, Organic hemp lining, Neo Fuse rubber
- Moisture-wicking split-leather foot bed
- Lace up closure
Butora Altura- Pros and Cons
Butora Altura reviews and takeaways from other sites:
Amazon: 5/5 at with 5 reviews.
- The size is a bit more snug than in same size TC Pros
- Not great for bouldering
Alternatives for the Butora Altura climbing shoes
Before committing to the Butora Alturas take a look at our review of the best climbing shoes article. In the article we recommend these shoes:
- La Sportiva solution comp – for competitions and tough projects
- La Sportiva Katana Lace – the best all-round climbing shoes
- La Sportiva TC Pro – The best trad climbing shoes
- Evolv Phantom – The best shoes for bouldering